Hello, I am Richard Egozcue. I specialize in helping individuals and businesses with their financial and tax problems, plan ahead in the event of an illness or death, and obtain, manage and resolve issues involving government contracts. What do these disparate areas have in common? Well, I confess, I am, at heart, a math and numbers guy who loves helping people and organizations plan or resolve problems affecting their finances and lives.
My Education, Credentials & Admissions
- BS, Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1996)
- Minor, Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1996)
- MA, Economics, University of Michigan (1999)
- JD, University of Michigan Law School (2001)
- Bar Admissions: State of Florida, Federal Middle District of Florida, U.S. Tax Court & U.S. Supreme Court
- Certifications: Department of Defense Government Contracting Specialist Levels I & II
- Member: Professional Pricing Society, Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Tampa Bay
My Professional Background
When I applied for college admission to MIT, I thought I would become an engineer. However, when I stumbled into the field of economics and realized that I could combine my love for numbers and math with the satisfaction of helping people solve their real world problems, the rest, as they say, became history. I confess, I still am a techie and nerd at heart who works out in his Batman or Flash T-shirts at the gym and enjoys good old-fashioned sci-fi films and series. But above all, I love using my skills to help individuals and businesses solve their problems.
I have been involved in government contracting matters affecting companies such as Guide Well Source, Esterline Control Systems, Boeing, Lockheed, Raytheon, and others. In the areas of taxation and bankruptcy, I have worked with organizations such as Ernst & Young, General Motors, Dana Corporation, Chrysler, Ford Motor Company, Yum! Brands, and Alix Partners. I have been blessed to have been involved with clients in a multitude of industry sectors from automotive, consulting, banking, aerospace, health care to technology.